4.12.2006

Cover Of The Day: Bonnie "Prince" Billy & Johnny Cash

Dubious post title this is, since I have no plan to post another original song+cover tomorrow. Anyway, what follows is the beautiful, classic, dark and brooding "I See A Darkness" as written and sung originally by the great Bonnie "Prince" Billy a.k.a. Will Oldham, and a cover by the equally great Johnny Cash. The original appeared in I See A Darkness (1999), the brilliant epochal highlight of BPB's career, and the cover on Johnny Cash's American III: Solitary Man (2000).

I See A Darkness (original)
I See A Darkness (cover)

To check out which of your fav songs have been covered and by who, visit SecondHandSongs.com.

Buy I See A Darkness
Buy American III: Solitary Man

1 Comments:

Blogger b said...

Bonnie "Prince" Billy looks like a soccer dad in that picture.:)

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home