4.05.2006

Hot Female Lead Series #3: Emily Haines, Metric

Okay folks, no better time to post this than on the eve of Metric's return to the City of Champions. And I need not elaborate, given the story I heard about elaborations regarding Miss Haines which I shall now proceed to relate to you. Gist is last time she was in town, a drunk star-crazed kid in the audience screamed out "I love you, Emily!" This my friends, is what is known as a statement of opinion. Well, Miss Haines wouldn't have it. Gist is she became livid with rage, stopped the music (the power of the lead), talked some jive shit about being or not being appreciated for her music, asked the kid if he'll dare say that to Thom Yorke, and demanded the poor kid be ejected.

Contrast this event with another fan call at her Dinwoodie show, where I was present. This time, a lobotomized boy called out "Emily, why do you rock so hard?" And Miss Haines, beaming, replied, "cause I sleep lots." Case closed, you can massage the artist, not the woman. Sorry, "massage" refers to the ego.

As you all know, I make no judgments as to character or conduct on this 'ere blog. Miss Haines reserves the right to do shit on her show. But she is not Thom Yorke. She is a fine musician and a fine woman. Thom Yorke is a fine musician and a fine man. The poor kid was not out of order for loving her. Hell, kid reserves a right to love. A girl I was attempting to date once told me I had no right to talk to her about loving her. I told her she could not take away my right to love her or to say that I love her. All she could do was enforce her right not to listen.

All sides win on this one.

Go see Metric tomorrow if you are in the area. Here are the songs I will surely dance or nod my head to. The rest of the time I'll be very focused on Emily's stage antics.

Monster Hospital
Empty
Police and the Private

Buy Live it Out and visit Metric's myspace.

Related Olde Poste:
Blondie: Label Compiles Again
Hot Female Lead Series #1: Nirmala Basnayake
Hot Female Lead Series #2: Jenny Lewis

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need glasses!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Celeste Pantalones said...

Emily indeed does rock hard.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she looks hot in the red t.shirt..i like girls that look boyish - the tunes are cool too, thanks.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home