4.15.2006

Neko Case: "All Songs Considered" Live Set, Washington D.C.'s 9.30 Club, As Originally Webcast On The National Public Radio (npr.org), April 9, 2006

Well, it appears I am having a Neko Case moment this week...here's an April '06 live set played for "All Songs Considered", the National Public Radio's on-line music program. The full set, plus a Martha Wainwright set, is available for download (as one file) here. If you're like me, you'll prefer individual mp3 files of the songs, which I have provided below. Enjoy.

Intro
A Widow's Toast
Favorite
If You Knew
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Set Out Running
Outro With Bees
Star Witness (With Martha Wainwright)
Dirty Knife
I Wish I Was the Moon
The Tigers Have Spoken
Maybe Sparrow
Margaret Vs. Pauline
Buckets of Rain (Bob Dylan Cover)
Deep Red Bells
Hex
That Teenage Feeling
Furnace Room Lullaby
Hold On, Hold On
(encore)
Wayfaring Stranger
Look For Me (I'll Be Around)
John Saw That Number
Outro/Knock Loud

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are sure posting some nice stuff, keep it up. You have just about become my favorite blog.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for both Neko posting, she's my hero. Will bookmark your blog right now!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more question: I downloaded your separated tracks (thanks for this again!) and they are 192kbps mp3s. The concert as one big file from NPR.org is only 128kbps. Did you re-encode the recording for cutting or did you get your hands on an even better source? If first, the re-encoding makes the 192er files bigger although the quality gets even less. I'm sure you know this and I don't wanna sound like a know-it-all - just wanna mention that there's a program out there called "mp3directcut". You can directly cut mp3s with it without decoding to Wave first. Anyway, thanks again!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Got my hands on a better source for the 192s...but the source could have re-encoded from the 128. You may be right cos I checked and the sound did not differ much. Sometimes, I find that using audiohijack (with tweaks) produces better quality files (here, you are re-recording, not re-encoding). I try to ignore 128s, I am a semi-audiophile.

Since I use a mac, mp3 direct cut won't work for me. However, I use mp3 trimmer, a much simpler tool. Thanks for the tip though.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your answer. I'm also happier with high quality mp3s so if NPR would provide 192kbps mp3s files for their concerts, this would be even more awesome. Again, congratulations to your blog - I have discovered it yesterday and will check it regularly.

1:40 AM  
Blogger oc2pdx said...

The links aren't working anymore. Do you still have them up?

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aug 29/2008
The Links aren't working for me either. Is there any way you could put them up again? Please, please, please!!

Thanks

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home