4.06.2006

Rap-attoire

Anyone who reads KNK with some regularity (and I doubt there is, but a hobby is a hobby) knows I lean strongly towards Indie Rock. Experts who project this sort of thing would tell you it's my favorite genre of music. Don't argue with the experts. However, it just occured to me that I listen to other kinds of music but have not taken the time to post about it. Given that what I write about is usually what I think about (which explains the lack of Beethoven posts on this blog, in case you wondered), I feel it's only fair I talk a bit about my relationship with rap and hip-hop. Not very good my friends, because most of it is really mundane, uninspired, regurgitative (wow, check me out...!). To put it differently, the "architectural monopoly of the Italian Peninsular was not accomplished in one rotation of the earth." There, I said it.

Following this very characteristic jive talk, here's a selection from my fav rap/hip-hop artistes. If you look closely, you'll notice something indie about it too.

I See Colours Edan
Feel It In The Air Beanie Sigel (feat. Melissa)
Umi Says Mos Def
Fix Up, Look Sharp Dizzee Rascal
Best Foot Forward DJ Shadow
Whip You With A Strap Ghostface Killah
Accordion Madvillain
Strange Behaviour Roots Manuva
Murder Was The Case Snoop Doggy Dogg
Clan In Da Front Wu-Tang Clan
It’s Tricky Run-DMC
Typical Me Kano
It Was Supposed To Be So Easy The Streets
Go Common (feat. John Mayer & Kanye West)
Turn It Up Chamillionaire (feat. Lil’ Flip)
Higher The Game
Bring The Noise Public Enemy

Love a song, buy an album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home