5.24.2006

Fiona Apple: Live At The Brickyard Cafe, Hartford, 06/02/97

The only Fiona Apple album I don't own is Tidal. Not by design I assure you, as I don't give myself to design before I buy music. I am basically an "album listener" and would often buy an album from an artist I like, check it out, like it or hate it, play it till thy kingdom come (Crooked Rain Crooked Rain) or shelve it till I write a codicil to my will. Well, I became a fan of Ms. Apple from When The Pawn Hits..., and I very much enjoyed Extraordinary Machine. Hence I was all shivers when I discovered this early set featuring songs from Tidal. Musically, there is a hint here that the 19-year old Apple was still a bundle of raw talent lacking the prowess to nurture her songs to full bloom on a live set. Or it could just be some lousy sound recording (although I encoded these from lossless files). Either way I am getting a copy of Tidal tomorrow. Still an enjoyable set nonetheless.
Introduction
The Child is Gone
Sleep to Dream
The First Taste
Shadowboxer
Criminal
Angel

2 Comments:

Blogger Dittman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Dittman said...

First visit to your blog, but a great live set post. Thanks!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home