5.11.2006

KNK Hits 50K; Deerhoof Live at the Sound Lab, Buffalo, NY. (Broadcast on Universal Buzz Radio, May 10, 2005).

While you were sleeping, two important events occured. This 'ere blog celebrated its 50,000 hits with much aplomb and dignified disquietude, in equal parts. And all that since the first post on February 26, 2006. 146 post later, and I am in the middle leagues, attracting the attention of 50k persons, of which about 23k are dedicated readers. Which of course raises the question, where am I going with this? Well, I guess there no need to freak out, I'll just keep talking about the music I love. It's that simple. But thanks to all you who think my drivel is worth coming back to. And thanks to that guy from the unknown country who always stops by, even though my spunky Neoworx counter can't name his country. And much thanks to the awesome Hype Machine for indexing my blog and sending me readers. And screw the government of China for all the censorship, which explains why I never get any readers therefrom.

The second event is my discovery of the following Deerhoof live set. A worthy discovery, seeing as I am crazy about Deerhoof, and I credit this band with taking art punk to a whole new level, at least for me. Witness the snapping, buzzing and discordant chimes of the Deerhoof rhythm section, and Satomi's perplexing child-like vocals.

Odyssey
Spy On You
Panda Panda Panda
Polly Bee
L'Amour Stories
Dog On The Sidewalk
Koneko Kitten
Milk Man
The Big Orange Sun Run Over Speed Light

3 more songs from this set later.

Buy the sounds of Deerhoof.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Band EVER!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance for a re-post? just got into Deerhoof recently and would love to hear this. cheers!

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, could you be very, very dear and re-post those mp3s? i am absolutely dying to hear 'spy on you' live! PLEASE!! thanks! (;

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home