5.05.2006

Xiu Xiu: Live at Hopetoun Hotel, Surry Hills, NSW Australia, April 20, 2006.

It took me a long time to understand Xiu Xiu. Between Jamie's howling and the blatant dissonance of the instrumentation, there was not much to love at first listen. However, I stuck to them stubbornly, and after many repeated plays of Fabulous Muscles and La Foret (my two favorites), it became apparent to me. Disagreement is agreement, discord is concord, weirdness is in. Friends, Italians, countrymen, experience Xiu Xiu.

Don Diasco
Bog People
Hello From Eau Claire, Wisconsin (new song)
Pox
Hives Hives
I Love the Valley, Oh!
Vulture Piano (new song)
Crank Heart
Yellow Raspberry
Fabulous Muscles
Muppet Face
Sad Pony Guerilla Girl

Great sounding set, by the way. Converted to 192kpbs mp3 from lossless files.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eau Claire, Wisconsin. :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Thanks.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They're coming to Barcelona this summer, but I didn't really want to go to their show, as I have never been able to appreciate their music.
Anyway, I'll give this show another try and I'll decide afterwards.
Thanks for posting!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very, very much.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home