6.28.2006

The Arcade Fire: The So-Called 2001 Demos

"Win Butler has expressed displeasure at the popularity of internet-distributed MP3s labeled 2001 Demos...[as] the demos do not represent the work of the current band" - Wikipedia trivia.

True or not, you can hear Win on all the songs, and RĂ©gine on some. Musically, it is The Arcade Fire. Since the band formed sometime in 2003, chances are these are the early compositions of Win, Regine and unidentified friends. That's about all the history I have on this one, but if you know better, leave a comment.

Winter For A Year
My Mind Is A Freeway
Accidents
Goodnight Boy
Asleep At The Wheel
In The Attic
Can't Let Go Of You
You Tried To Turn Away My Fears
Instrumental
The Great Arcade Fire

6 Comments:

Blogger Rory said...

Thank you for these demos.

I'm a bit bemused about their format, though; have you tried opening them with Audacity? Extremely weird reading. I tried cutting the final 12 minute track (4 min. song 6 min. silence 2 min. noise) with mp3DirectCut and it came up as Layer 2?? Eh?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Can't see anything wrong with them on my own end-they are just 192k mp3s-play with itunes. The 12min track is as recorded so there's no need to cut. Enjoy.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Rory said...

Well, that's confusing. They play just fine, no problems there. But they won't be manipulated - not on my machine, anyway. But, thank you again, Mr. Trudeau, your site has been a constant source of great music for me. I really appreciate it.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. I didn't know that Napoleon Dynamite was in The Arcade Fire.

Gosh!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, these songs are amazing. It makes me wonder why they were never used. Especially "The Great Arcade Fire", which is as good if not better than everything on Funeral.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

is there a way you could get these back up? i would like to listen to them...thanks in advance.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home