6.03.2006

Early and Rare Yo La Tengo: Live at Cubby Bear, Chicago, November 12, 1988.

As an ardent music mole, I can tell you that it is tough to get hold of anything Yo La Tengo. YLT of course is one of my indie rock heroes, so it's pretty special to find this early live set performed at the Cubby Bear sports bar in Chicago. Georgia and Ira's early folksy leanings are apparent here, and the set is kinda gentle with Ira on acoustic guitar and Georgia on drums. Better still, this includes their first single "The River of Water". Enjoy.

The River of Water
Listen To My Heart
Palisades Park
Did I Tell You
Luxury Liner
Lewis
Fog over Frisco
Sh-Boom
You Tore Me Down
I Have a Secret
Clunk
Tail Of A Star
Sex
You're Gonna Miss Me
Teenager in Love
Old World

As a bonus for all you audiophiles, you can download the lossless files here (megaupload). Act fast, it's available for a limited time only.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Wow Wow
Bow Wow Wow
I adore your posts; you have truly outdone yourself with this one. Thanks!!!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for these files!!
Today I Couldnt download the last 5 mp3 so I dwnldd the flac-zip file, but the 9th track, You Tore Me Down seems to be corrupt ;-)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home