6.22.2006

Junk Food Junkie Mix

I'm sitting here, typing this entry, and I hear a strange rumbling noise. No, it can't be the bass on my stereo...its coming from my tummy. Right now I'm fantasizing about how good a Dairy Queen cherry slush would taste, and how I wouldn't mind the inevitable brain freeze that would follow. So I decided to create a mix that reflects my love for food in all of its healthy, unhealthy, and just plain delcious forms. I know that a few of the songs (Raspberry Swirk for example) use food as sexual metaphors, but I still think it fits in the mix. Also,I admit I threw in a few "cheesy" tunes, but doesn't "cheesiness" fit in with the whole food theme anyway? If this mix doesn't make you want to call out for chinese takeout, I don't think I accomplished my goal. This is an extremely varied mix, so hopefully it has something tantalize everyone's taste buds (ears).

C is for Cookie by Cookie Monster (Sesame Street)
Popsicle by The Starlight Mints
Fast Food Song by Fast Food Rockers
Jelly Bean by Eddie Cochran
Pizza Day by The Aquabats
Coconut by Harry Nillson
Junk Food Junkie by X-Ray Spex
Ice Cream Man by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers
Apple Tree by Wolfmother
Raspberry Swirl by Tori Amos
Satan Gave Me a Taco by Beck
Peaches by Presidents of the United States of America
Chocolate River by The Seeds
Hospital Food by Eels
Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young
The Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when you do theme posts! Keep it up, they're always a pleasant suprise.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Snagging the Wolfmother and Beck songs at the moment.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

Weird Al's "Eat It" would be a nice addition. And is "Lemon Song" the most erotic food tune ever? Perhaps that goes to Warrant's "Cherry Pie"?

6:11 AM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Mmm, now I'm hungry. But thank you, it's totally worth it.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for dessert why not have The Beatles' Savoy Truffle :-)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Matthew Iverson said...

The White Stripes and Led Zeppelin had a retarded child, and named it Wolfmother.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To sum it all up I suggest Godley & Cremes Snack Attack

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home