6.19.2006

The Walkmen: Live at the House of Blues, San Diego, CA, June 16, 2006.

Buying and listening to A Hundred Miles Off, the latest from NYC indie rock upandcomers, The Walkmen, is kinda "on my list of albums I should listen to and really wanted to until I stupidly read the critics and now I can't get myself to commit fully." If your thought processes always occur in such lenght, you probably know what I mean. I hope I get to it sometime though, 'cos 2004's Bows + Arrows was great, and if A Hundred Miles Off comes close, it should be a mellow but fun ride. Luckily for me, I have this recent set which features most of the new songs, so I can get a feel for it before I dole out the dollars. I invite you to do the same.

Thinking Of A Dream I Had
Don't Get Me Down (Come On Over Here)
The Rat
Good For You's Good For Me
Emma, Get Me A Lemon
All Hands And The Cook
Lost In Boston
Revenge Wears No Wristwatch
That's The Punch Line
Another One Goes By
Wake Up
Little House Of Savages
We've Been Had
Louisiana
What's In It For Me
Rue The Day

I also have the lossless (flac) files for these-email me if you want it. The mp3s sound great though, so unless you are a hardcore audiophile and you can prove it, save yourself the trouble.

Another interesting about this recording-there is a fair amount of audience chatter and noise, but it strangely complements the music, especially on "The Rat". Perhaps something the band should explore for their next release - throwing some pre-recorded audience chatter into the mix.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was at this show and it was the best of the four shows i've seen them play to date. thanks for providing these. an even better souvnier than my t-shirt.. now i have proof.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn! I miss out on everything - this post for instance.

I did get to catch their show in Athens, GA a few weeks back and they were awesome. Any chance of recovering these files?

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home