7.12.2006

Chinchilla Makes Contact, Macaca Mulatta Demos.

So I am going through my emails after a productive morning working on a paper on commercialization and conflicts of interest in biomedical research and I come accross an email from Chris Chinchilla, ex-band member of my favorite britrock band of last year, the jamtastic punkrawkadelic Art Brut. Suddenly it hit me - I am finally going places with this blog thing! So here I am replying Chris Chinchilla's email, you know like I do this everyday, that is, maintain contact with some hot indie band guy. Well, Chris is saying hello and telling me all about how he's the guy from Art Brut and how he now has his own band called Macaca Mulatta and how he could send me a cd to listen to. Well, since he's keeping his cool and all, I knock together a reply that goes somewhat like this:

Oh my God! Oh my God! Huge Fan! Huge Fan!

No need to lose my cool. It's just the guy from Art Brut after all.

Anyway, for those of you who don't read Pitchfork, here's the gist. Chris broke up amicably with Art Brut via LiveJournal and "formed a band" called Macaca Mulatta with Jim Rhesus and Arran J Lovechild of imploded London band, Rhesus. Together they've put together some demos collectively called the "Prince Evil Demos". The music is still raw, raucous, punk-y, and arena-ready. But don't expect any "I've seen her naked! I've seen her naked, twice! This guy obviously has no "rusted guns of milan", just words of wisdom, at least for now. However, with the sonic landscapes built around these songs, all you krazy kids may still see a need to lose yourself.

Dancing On A Week Night (recommended)
Defeated
Change
Welcome To The Real World

Visit the Macaca Mulatta site.
One Louder has an email interview with Chris. Read.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this!

Just to re-iterate though....

never split with Art Brut via LJ, I put a post about a month later explaining my reasons, but Pitchfork went a bit over the top and didn't look at the dates....

Chris xx

11:02 AM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Excellent...thanks for the correction. I got that from Pitchfork of course...lesson is to check facts meself next time.

Peace.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home