8.04.2006

Sophie Zelmani: Blue Balls Festival, Luzern, Switzerland, July 28, 2006

Beautiful and criminally talented, Swedish chanteuse Sophie Zelmani is high up on my list of "slumber music", a category that's of course a compromise between my raucous tastes and allergy to most mainstream r&b, and me lady's desire to be put to sleep with the gentleness of morning breezes and ghost whispers. Sophie's music is almost exclusively soft and folky, with lyrics that explore emotional rollercoasters, men, love, and just being. The somewhat reclusive singer songwriter is largely unknown in these parts, even the wikiplace has little or no information on her. However, the music is definitely worth checking out, and if this is your introduction to SZ, I suggest you get this entire set. You may end up pleasing yourself enough to actually spend some money on music.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Thank you, i love her voice...

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links to the set.
I realle love Sophie's music.

8:57 AM  
Blogger ffolliet said...

all the links are empty...is it me or the server?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Ezarchive, to which I pay money and expect excellent service, is down. The links should be back up when they so decide.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that why I can't download the "Bob Dylan: Live, Pan American Center" show?

8:15 PM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

No, that Dylan's been taken down.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance of bringing it up again lol?

2:38 AM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Nope. Sorry, I get a lot of requests for reposts and I just can't afford the time anymore. I also would not want to privilege some requests over others. Here's a suggestion though. You can find all the songs I have ever posted aggregated on the Hype Machine (http://hype.non-standard.net/list/701). You can play the song(s) there and if you have a smart computer, you can even turn the sound into mp3s using the right tools.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not always true about the Hype Machine. Seems their archives only go back a little ways as far as being able to listen and use smart tools to generate your own. I tried your suggestion because I was interested in the 3 live Jam shows but to no avail. Can't listen to 'em so can't record 'em
either. Any chance of a re-post?

1:39 PM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

O well, you are right about the Hype place. Maybe I'll do a "top request" repost sometime, cant say when though.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home