9.18.2006

R.E.M. Was Fucking Brilliant Back Then

R.E.M. was fucking brilliant back then. This very obvious statement seems to be the new mantra when folks talk about the band these days, and I have heard it mentioned with respect to the new I.R.S. years compilation, And I Feel Fine.... And then the bashing of recent output follows. Well, I have no opinion on this except to say that R.E.M. was fucking brilliant back then. And I rarely ever use the "F" word...

Time After Time (Annelise)
Bad Day (Outtake)

Own this release.

How about this song from this band that kinda showed up in my inbox and I downloaded it but never played till my iTunes party shuffle picked it up? Impressive, but judge for yourself.

Band:
Public Four
Song:
My Amelia

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you said.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ryan Spaulding said...

agreed.

they were especially good before people knew what R.E.M. stood for.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Damn straight.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REM was & still us brilliant. They evolve, the experiment, they keep producing quality music, where other bands become charicatures of themselves or retro bands playing their greatest hits at every venue (oh Violent Femmes, how I used to love thee). REM has simply become one of greatest American bands of all time.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an REM nerd. My now [de facto defunct] blog was named for a song on a post-IRS album. And I just made this list! Anyone care enough to take a look? Hmmmm?
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Chairmanmao/r_e_m_s_greatest_songs

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home