9.28.2006

Sparklehorse: Black Session, Paris, Maison de la Radio, Studio 105, September 25, 2006

So Sparklehorse is new discovery for me (God forbid a blogger should know all the music!). Got some pretty good review on their latest from Pitchfork so I decided to give it a try. Plus I always enjoy a good rock star with a drug problem story. It helps relate to the music (for an exhaustive account of this thesis, see The Libertines and Pete Doherty, coming soon to paperback stores near you). Well, I got myself a copy of Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain, and I have to say I like the "distorted sounds meets simple beats" and folk rock feel of the record. Highly recommended.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Makes me wish every rock musician were an (ex-)addict!!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Philippe said...

Hello Pierre, thanks a lot.I love this band. You can get a live mp3 from saturday, a great song, at my blog (superblive.blogspot.com)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, how fucken lovely to come to find this on your page. you never disapoint.
do yourself a favor and get their previous album "it's a wonderful life"
i cant recommend it enough. beautiful.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really enjoying the uk tour so far, got mark to sign my new 'light years' cd, he seems really enthused about his music again. thanks for this radio show

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went to the Newcastle gig last night, bloody marvellous. Only found out about the new CD and tour last week, back on my playlist once again!

Any chance of the source files for this radio boot please?

8:46 AM  
Blogger Trailer Star said...

In my humble opinion this is the only important songwriter/band after pavement...if you ever get a chance to work backwards to first album you will be taken on a journey no other band could take you....

also the set of films made to wonderful life album are a treat

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ! Could you re-upload it. It won't donwload ... :-(

Thansk anyway

3:30 PM  
Blogger furiousBall said...

Love the band, hope your ears are enjoying them!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home