10.22.2006

Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash: Studio Outtakes, Johnny Cash Show Jams, 1969.

My best find last week: outtakes taken from the famous Dylan - Cash sessions that produced the Girl of the North Country version that was released on Nashville Skyline. A must listen for all Cash or Dylan fans. Great sound quality too.

The final three tracks on the list are from the Johnny Cash Show aired on ABC TV June 7, 1969. Dylan is solo on the first two songs ("I Threw It All Away" and "Living The Blues") and is joined by Cash on "Girl of the North Country". Enjoy.

Good Ol' Mountain Dew
I Still Miss Someone
Careless Love
Matchbox
That's Alright Mama
Big River
I Walk The Line
You Are My Sunshine
Ring Of Fire
Guess Things Happen That Way
Just A Closer Walk With Thee
Blues Yodel #1
Blues Yodel #2

Johnny Cash Show:

I Threw It All Away
Living The Blues
Girl of the North Country

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW

I said it then and it seems even more so after listening to some of these tracks.
Bob is in his Elvis voice. Together with Big John it's a real treat.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sends shivers down my spine.
Thanks!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, nice posts. great stuff. i can't say enough. so it's probably better not to say anything. but i already have, so...keep it up, man!

brad

4:31 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Thanks for this! I keep hoping somebody will put the old Johnny Cash shows on DVD; I'd love to buy it if they did. Oh, and I love Dylan, too. Somewhere upstairs I still have his first album.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Suhail said...

I really like these. Dylan and Cash, make for double the goodness and the recording quality is really good (heard on hypemachine). Unfortunately EZArchive is failing. I saw your latest post where you said you are having problems with them. I hope it gets sorted out. I really want these mp3s. Request you to upload these mp3s again. Thanks and keep it up. This is a gold blog.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Estufacto said...

Thanks for the notice.

Very goog blog.

Follow "Theme Time Radio Hour" at ESTUFACTO

Thanks

6:04 AM  
Blogger beccaweber said...

i agree with suhail...really would like to have these? mind posting them on sendspace or yousendit?

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm about a month too late for this... tragic!

I'd love you forever if you found some way to upload these again, get them on a torrent site, communicate them via ESP, or any other way to get these to me.

And the rest of the world, too.

But mainly me.

-Matt-

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home