11.02.2006

Looking For a File Hosting Service!

So I had to leave Ezarchive, my file hosting service, same one used by many music bloggers...for reasons too numerous to mention. If you are interested, you can read my email exchange with them here. I am now looking for a good file hosting service and would be grateful for any suggestions. Till then:
No new posts; and
You probably can't listen to anything on this site as the EZ guys have messed up all the links.

When I do find an alternative:
I hope it's not too expensive or we just have to close shop (unless of course those of you who enjoy the site are willing to donate to offset hosting costs); and
I won't repost any old post...we'll just forge ahead.

This is messed up. Meanwhile, enjoy this here and there collection hosted on Box.net, one of the file hosts I am trying out. Lemme know if you dig their style of hosting.

Muriel Tom Waits
Glowing Reebosound
So Wa? Lagbaja
New Years Asobi Sesku
Cartoon Music For Super Heroes Albert Hammond, Jr.
I'm Afraid of Japan Final Fantasy
Southtown Girls The Hold Steady

The masked man in the photo is Lagbaja, a Nigerian Afrojuju musician.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was steered to Bluehost.com for my hosting. Of course, I don't have as much traffic as you do but I've had zero problems with them so far.

It was pretty cheap too for a full year. And it just keeps getting cheaper the longer you sign on for.

1:37 PM  
Blogger binky said...

Hi,
I transferred all my files to the new 3.0 ezarchive last week. I just posted my first links from the new system, i tested it and it worked. I know what you mean about being less user friendly, I generally avoid flash when I can, it always slows done the uploading etc. It definitely worked better today than 2 days ago. I'll stick with ezarchive for now (since i bought my subscription a month nd a half ago)
Check out my "Canadian" blog http://teenagedogsintrouble.blogspot.com/
I'm probably the guy that recorded the NP set from Winnipeg.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Chase E. said...

Gigasize.com, which keeps individual files up to 1gb, and as many files of that type as you please for three months is good (for free), and Box.net which keeps up to 1gb total (for free) is also good (the upgrade is reasonable, too).

7:48 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hey, how u doin?, if you are still interested, i found this list of File Hosting Services:

http://www.metodosdebusca.com/118/trucos/buscando-archivos-en-rapidshare-y-megaupload.html

I hope u find one. Good Luck.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
if you are still looking for a free file hosting service check out http://www.filehost.gr

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home