11.21.2006

Tom Waits: How Legends Become Legendary

With the release of the three-disc mega-fantastique Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards, Mr. Tom Waits has finally outdone himself. I have had this monumental release on repeat play for the past 24 hours, and this would probably be the case for the next couple of days. What makes this disc set more remarkable is that it is largely made up of outtakes and oddities, testimony to the incredible range of this great musician. The highlight: Disc 2 - Bawlers, where Waits' balladry is on full display. Now I can lay my Early Years Vol. 2 disc to rest. Amen.

Bottom of the World
Two Sisters

Buy Orphans...

Note: Still having my file hosting issues...haven't really found one fit for blogging purposes. The limited bandwidth is an issue, and I don't want to pay for a service that Ezarchives me after a while. Frustrating to say the least...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jarboe said...

I can host music occasionally if you want. Free and unlimited bandwidth, this girl gave me a subdomain on her server. Email me: square.cactus@gmail.com

9:36 AM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Gee...thanks. Will definitely take you up on the offer.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home