12.05.2006

Joanna Newsom's Playlist

Joanna Newsom recently guest deejay-ed an episode of NPR's All Song Considered where she provided some insights on her favorite recordings, the philosophy behind "Monkey & Bear", how she became a disciple of the harp, and her voice, amongst other things. The show is available for download on the NPR-ASC site, but as I hate Real Player, I thought I'll provide an mp3 version of the show for those who share my prejudices.

Note to reader: Feel free to accuse me of "hyping" Joanna Newsom. Hell, this blog might very well be turning into a JN fan site. Heller still, can't help it, she made a perplexingly beautiful album.

Listen to Joanna Newsom Co-Deejay NPR's All Songs Considered, Episode 126

Buy Joanna Newsom's music.

Limited bandwidth. Visit the Hype Machine to stream if you get a bandwidth maxed out message.

4 Comments:

Blogger isabel said...

As far as I'm concerned, post about Joanna all you like. I'll never get tired of her.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Muller said...

seconded. Just saw her on friday and out of the hundreds of shows i've seen, it's top 5 for sure.

love that girl.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're hyping Joanna Newsom! More Spencer Krug, less harp!

You asked for it.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

No complaint about the "hyping" from me either. Thought you might like to know that you can subscribe to the ASC podcast and get an mp3 version delivered -- that's how I was able to enjoy Ms Newsom's guest stint. Thanks for the post!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home