12.20.2006

Update

Folks,

First of all, happy holidays everyone. This is the period when I normally kick back and listen to lots of music. This should mean shitloads of posts. However, as most of you have guessed, bandwidth has become a major issue for me. Here the situation:
1. I have tried every free site and every unlimited bandwidth site out there (thanks to those who sent in wonderful suggestions on what to try). Thing is, unlimited bandwidth is a myth. Just a business trick to get you sucked in to the payment web. I get nicked after a while. Most I have seen is 25GB for free sites. And that's the daily consumption on this blog.
2. Looks like I have to pay to feed the high consumption. I need about a 100GB a month and a great deal of recycling or removal of posts for this amount to suffice. However, a 100GB bandwidth, where it does exist, costs tons - $99 and above. Amount of money willing to spend of this blog max = 30 bucks, Canadian.
3. In the final analysis, I love blogging. So I am going to keep sticking the files in the free places until I find a permanent solution that is cost friendly. And it will not be sendspace, megaupload, or rapidshare. I need a file host, not a file store.

Cheers.

7 Comments:

Blogger guanoboy said...

Why not a site like:
http://www.siteground.com/ftp-hosting.htm

Designed more for web hosting but it might do the trick...

5:28 PM  
Blogger Roland said...

Dang, does MyDataBus have limits as well? Dedicated live blogging leads to a serious space/bandwidth issue, and I really appreciate that you're sticking with it, despite all the hassles. Keep up the good work!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Esquirrel, yo! said...

Thanks Roland, for the mydatabus connection and the support! But yes, all free hosts do have limits!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks coz I love your blog!

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you tried filelodge?

filelodge.bolt.com
or
www.filelodge.com

just wondering

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to suggest Bingo http://www.bingodisk.com/ $199 per year for 100 GB of storage and 100GB bandwidth per month ($.20 per GB over that). They also have cheaper plans (with lower limits). Joyent's service/support is excellent as well.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, $200 a year.
i'll gladly chip in $50.
get 3 other KNKfans to chip in $50 each, or ten to chip in $15.

SOMETHING's gotta work.
c'mon, guys.
email me at james@corsostaicoff.com with an more info.

i'm SERIOUS.
let's make this HAPPEN...

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home