1.21.2007

CYHSY: Some "Bloody Awesome" Loud Thunder

I just listened to the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah record titled "Some Loud Thunder". I'll go out on a limb here and say that this is an equally fantastic if not better record than the first. From the scratchy intentionally distorted notes of the opener "Some Loud Thunder", through the multi-layered "Mama, , Won't You Keep Them Castles in the Air and Burning", these guys have made another keeper and a very worthy sophomore album.

For those of you wondering how I heard it, it through legit quarters. All you have to do is go to Insound to pre-order the cd and you'll receive a link to the digital album with your purchase. Sweet deal.

Sample:
Mama, Won't You Keep Them Castles in the Air and Burning

Pre-order cd here.
Jam some tracks here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

to be honest, I'm a bit surprised that you dig it. Thanks for the post, I'll give it a shot!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

What I have heard so far has me so excited to hear the whole thing. I think this band has potential for greatness, haters be damned.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

You're absolutely right on this one I think. It's a very very good album indeed!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

I now have the album and am loving it. I don't why people are being so negative about it. I think it shows enormous growth.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home