3.20.2007

My Brightest Diamond: Live, Le Ciel, Grenoble, France, Feb. 25, 2007.

Sufjan collaborator Shara Worden performs with her band, My Brightest Diamond, at Le Ciel in Grenoble, France. Here, she shows incredible range, covering songs from Edith Piaf, Nina Simone, Prince, Kurt Weill, plus a stirring adaptation from Maurice Ravel's opera, L'enfant et les sortilèges.

Feeling Good (Nina Simone cover)
L'enfant et les sortilèges (Based on Ravel's opera)
Gone Away
[Title Unknown]
Dragonfly
Something of an End
We Were Sparkling
The Robin's Jar
Golden Star
Je n'en connais pas la fin/Hymne à l'amour (Edith Piaf cover)
Disappear
Magic Rabbit
Workhorse
No Quarter
Freak Out
Youkali (Kurt Weill cover)
Joy in Repetition (Prince cover)
Be My Husband (Nina Simone)

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnifique cover de led zeppelin (No quarter) et superbe live. Merci beaucoup pour ce post.

Thank you !

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Nina Simone cover!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Eriol said...

I don't know if it's this blog or the Hype machine, but a lot of the MBD stuff is misnamed and songs with one title are found under a different title. Like "Be my Husband" is found under "Workhorse." I thought I'd let you know.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Luke Hunter James-Erickson said...

oh man. amazing set. gotta love this woman. Thanks for it :)

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is great; thx for putting it here

5:14 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

What a great set! I can't wait to check it out once I'm finished dl'in'. Thanks for making this available!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at this show, I cried of happiuness ay the end !!!!
The reincarnation of jeff buckley !!!

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please reupload this performance on rapidshare or somewhere else? I`ve seen her live twice and she is really amazing !!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed, could you be kind enough to re-post this for downloading? thanks!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...

1:41 AM  
Blogger Wesley Verhoeve said...

if anyone would like to see more photos from this series I took of shara go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesverhoeve/sets/72157594246620116/

great artist :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

please, please, please please, re-upload... i would be so happy... please..

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying...Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease help us to find this live again to download !!!!!
Help !!!!!!!!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please repost this!

12:14 PM  
Blogger nb said...

please repost the show! thanks.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEE man..i would love oyu so much if you re-posted this concert... pretty please

8:08 PM  
Blogger Luke Hunter James-Erickson said...

I've got the show, and will be re-upping it on my blog at http://somelovemusic.blogspot.com , giving due respect to the original post.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home