1.20.2008

My Aunt's Playlist: Twiggy

So while vacationing in Nigeria I found a bunch of precious goodies on vinyl in my aunt's "very dusty" collection. I plan to post these here over the next few weeks, not just to show how cool my aunt was and still is, but also to take a break from the usual "live music" posts. Not even sure I want to do those anymore.

My reaction when I first saw the Twiggy single? Somewhere between surprise and disgust. Kinda like how I felt about Tyra's Shake Ya Body (some things shouldn't happen). But I was being merely ignorant - apart from the fact that this was a high-charting single (#17, UK), Twiggy is actually more than a decent singer. The single, "Here I Go Again" is a cover of 60's folk rock band Country Joe and The Fish, but the real treasure here is the B-side ballad, "In Love Together". Enjoy.

Here I Go Again
In Love Together

1 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

This is too funny! I had no idea she ever released anything! It's actually quite bearable. I can't wait to check out your other vinyl posts!

J.T.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home